- The Society of Fellows and Heyman Center for the Humanities
- Center for the Study of Ethnicity and Race
- Committee on Global Thought
- Institute for the Study of Human Rights
- Institute of Latin American Studies
- Post-Conflict Cities Lab
- Graduate School of Architecture, Planning and Preservation
email address [email protected]
This one-day conference serves as a “rapid response” to the migrant “crisis” unfolding in New York City. It brings together a diverse array of academics, experts, activists, urban stakeholders, and individuals with personal experiences and knowledge to help us better understand the current dynamics of immigrants arriving in New York City. The conference will particularly focus on questions related to the built environment and the experiences and rights of immigrants and asylum seekers in accessing housing and claiming space within the city.
Please use this registration form to let us know that you are joining in person.
The event will also be live-streamed on the Columbia GSAPP YouTube Channel.