- Committee on Global Thought
- Free and open to the public
- No registration necessary
William Easterly has for some years now been a prominent critic of various aid programs to poor countries. He will present his arguments on this subject and will get critical responses from the philosopher Peter Singer, selected as one of Newsweek's 100 most influential people in the world today, and Columbia's own Joseph Stiglitz, a nobel prize winner in Economics.
- Featured Speaker William Easterly Professor of Economics New York University
- Featured Speaker Peter Singer Ira W. Decamp Professor of Bioethics in the University Center for Human Values Princeton University
- Featured Speaker Joseph E. Stiglitz University Professor Columbia University