- European Institute
- East Central European Center
- Maison Française
- EU's Getting to Know Europe Program
- Free and open to the public
- First come, first seated
- Registration required. See details.
**Please note Registration for this event is FULL** First come, first seated.
Populists are on the rise across the globe, but what exactly is populism? Does populism bring government closer to the people or is it a threat to democracy? Who are "the people" anyway and who can speak in their name?
“What is Populism?” with Jan-Werner Mueller, Professor of Politics at Princeton University and author of “What is Populism?”, Nadia Urbinati, Professor of Political Theory and Hellenic Studies at Columbia University, David Art, Associate Professor of Political Science at Tufts University and N. Turkuler Isiksel, Assistant Professor of Political Science at Columbia University.
- David Art Associate Professor, Department of Political Science Tufts University
- Turkuler Isiksel James P. Shenton Assistant Professor of the Core Curriculum Columbia University
- Jan-Werner Mueller Professor Princeton University
- Nadia Urbinati Kyriakos Tsakopoulos Professor of Political Theory and Hellenic Studies Columbia University