William Easterly, Professor of Economics at New York University and Co-director of the NYU Development Research Institute, will lead a discussion on the idea of development as an authoritarian concept.
The commentator for the talk will be Gregory Mann, Associate Professor of History at Columbia. Michele Alacevich, Associate Director of Research Activities, Heyman Center for the Humanities and Diplomatische Akademie Wien, will chair the talk.
- William Easterly Professor of Economics New York University
- Gregory Mann Associate Professor of History Columbia University
- Michele Alacevich Assistant Professor of History and Director of Global Studies Loyola University, Maryland
- Hoarding: An Interdisciplinary Conversation
- Narratives of Earned Hope: Or the Ways Adversity Can Build Compensatory Strengths
- Economics as a Discipline and Profession
- Development and Underdevelopment in Postwar Europe
The Learning Society