- Committee on Global Thought
- Free and open to the public
- First come, first seated
- Photo ID required for entry
Featuring Saskia Sassen, Craig Calhoun, and Sudhir Venkatesh
Saskia Sassen, one of the most prominent sociologists of globalization, will discuss with two other experts, a range of the most pressing issues of our time—from the global city (a term which she coined) to the privatization of politics in a globalized world.
Saskia Sassen is professor of sociology at Columbia University and is noted for her analyses of globalization and international human migration. Her publications include The Global City: New York, London, Tokyo, Globalization and its discontents: Essays on the New Mobility of People and Money, and most recently Territory, Authority, Rights: From Medieval to Global Assemblages.
- Featured Speaker Saskia Sassen Professor of Sociology Columbia University
- Craig Calhoun Director Social Science Research Council
- Sudhir Venkatesh William B. Ransford Professor of Sociology Columbia University