- Free and open to the public
- No registration necessary
- First come, first seated
- Photo ID required for entry
William Empson, the author of perhaps the best known work in literary criticism of the last century Seven Types of Ambiguity and a legendary figure in British literary criticism, will be the subject of two talks: one by John Haffenden, the author of a recent widely applauded biography of Empson, and the other by Christopher Ricks, the professor of poetry at Oxford university and one of the most engaging and penetrating critics of our time.
Featuring Christopher Ricks and John Haffenden
- Christopher Ricks William M. and Sara B. Warren Professor of the Humanities Boston University
- John Haffenden Emeritus Professor of English Literature University of Sheffield