- Free and open to the public
- No registration necessary
- First come, first seated
- Photo ID required for entry
Lorranie Daston will chart the rise of the algorithm as the backbone of rationality in post-World War II America, in contrast to earlier concepts of both reason and rules.
This talk is made possible through the generous support of the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation.
- Featured Speaker Lorraine Daston Director Max Planck Institute for the History of Science
- Chair Deborah Coen Professor of History and Chair of History of Science and Medicine Yale University