- The Society of Fellows and Heyman Center for the Humanities
- Social Science Research Council
- Barnard Digital Humanities Center
- Institute for Religion, Culture and Public Life
email address [email protected]
- Free and open to the public
- Registration required. See details.
A conversation with Kaiama L. Glover (Barnard College) and Mona Oraby (Howard University). This event is prompted by the publication of Oraby's coauthored graphic nonfiction book, A Universe of Terms: Religion in Visual Metaphor, which is based on a project she first convened and edited on The Immanent Frame, a digital platform hosted by the Social Science Research Council. Using A Universe of Terms as a point of departure, Glover and Oraby will discuss the boundaries of research, including the expected products of scholarship, as well as the role of the digital humanities in bridging public-facing work with specialist interests. Glover and Oraby, both long-time editors of born-digital projects, will also discuss how editorial experiences shape their scholarly praxis.