- The Society of Fellows and Heyman Center for the Humanities
- Consortium for Critical Interdisciplinary Studies, Barnard College
- Barnard Center for Research on Women
- Center for the Study of Social Difference
- Presidential Scholars in Society and Neuroscience
- Medical Humanities, Institute for Comparative Literature and Society
- Department of Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies, Barnard College
- Free and open to the public
- Registration required. See details.
The inaugural Feminist/Intersectional Science and Technology Studies (F/ISTS) Conference homes in on the reciprocal relations between techno-scientific knowledge and practices, on the one hand, and gender, race, class, and other intersecting axes of power, on the other. The interplay among technical and social dimensions of science, technology, and medicine is central to addressing many of the most pressing problems of our times, such as climate justice and environmental racism, health in/justice, and digital surveillance.
Image: “Resurgence” © Chitra Ganesh