- Akeel Bilgrami
- Free and open to the public
- No registration necessary
- Photo ID required for entry
James Galbraith, Lloyd M. Bentsen Jr. Chair in Government/Business Relations and Professor of Government, converses with Prahbat Patnaik, one of India's most prominent economists and Professor Emeritus at the Centre for Economic Studies and Planning School of Social Sciences. Galbraith and Patnaik discuss the role, status, position of economics in the academy and in contemporary society.
Joseph Stiglitz, University Professor, will chair the talk.
- Joseph E. Stiglitz University Professor Columbia University
- James K. Galbraith Professor of Government LBJ School of Public Affairs, University of Texas
- Prabhat Patnaik Professor Emeritus, Centre for Economic Studies and Planning Jawaharlal Nehru University
- Hoarding: An Interdisciplinary Conversation
- Narratives of Earned Hope: Or the Ways Adversity Can Build Compensatory Strengths
- Development and Underdevelopment in Postwar Europe
- The Learning Society
Malinowski’s Children: East Central European “Betweenness” and Twentieth-Century Social Science