- Center for the Study of Ethnicity and Race
- Free and open to the public
- First come, first seated
Justin Torres, a recent Wallace Stegner Fellow at Stanford University, is the author of the highly-acclaimed novel We the Animals, winner of the 2012 VCU Cabell First Novelist Award and the 2012 Fred R. Brown Literary Award. The Oprah Magazine called We the Animals “…a novel so honest, poetic, and tough that it makes you reexamine what it means to love and hurt."
Marie Myung-Ok Lee, writer in residence at Brown University, is a frequent contributor to the Atlantic, Slate, Salon, The New York Times, and The Guardian and the author of the novel, Somebody's Daughter.
Both authors, who write about the American immigrant experience, will discuss their work with the novelist Ellis Avery, author, most recently, of The Last Nude.
- Justin Torres Author
- Marie Myung-Ok Lee Author
- Moderator Ellis Avery Author and Assistant Professor of Writing Columbia University
- An Evening with Author Kate Southwood
- Artist at the Center: Maxine Hong Kingston
- Colm Tóibín and Roy Foster in Conversation
- Marilynne Robinson in Conversation with Robert Hardies: A Reading and Discussion
Creative Writing Lecture Series: Michael Cunningham