- The Society of Fellows and Heyman Center for the Humanities
- Columbia University School of the Arts
- The Harriman Institute
- Columbia Journalism School
- Free and open to the public
- Registration required. See details.
When Hungary’s illiberal regime began taking control of universities, only one fought back: The University of Theater and Film Arts in Budapest. After months of protest, half the faculty resigned -- and then a mass of students left with them. Now they are building a liberatory and international alternative.
László Upor, a professor and dramaturg on the frontlines of the movement, tells the story of this inspiring cultural resistance.