The Society of Fellows and Heyman Center for the Humanities welcomes opportunities to partner on events and projects that engage members of the Columbia community—on our campuses, in our neighborhoods, and beyond—in discussion of ideas and issues of urgent interest and common concern. We are eager to explore the ways in which the perspectives of the humanities are central to finding solutions for our most important challenges. We especially welcome proposals for cosponsorship from members of our Governing Board, current and former Fellows, directors of Columbia institutes and centers, and department chairs.
Information on the different forms of cosponsorship are listed below. To propose a project or request cosponsorship, please complete the “Cosponsorship Proposal” form.
Cosponsorship can include different levels and types of collaboration and may include:
- Publicity: Listing the event on our website, in our newsletter, and on our social media accounts (including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram), recording and sharing of video on YouTube.
- Space or Webinar Licensing: Use of our physical space or webinar license.
- Logistical Support: Catering, poster design, AV services, webinar practice sessions.
If we are supporting your event any of these ways, we request to be formally credited as a cosponsor on all related media and marketing.
When the cosponsorship request includes a request for financial support, the earlier SOF/Heyman can be included in the process, the better.
All requests for financial support need to be accompanied by a budget showing a breakdown of expenses, how the funds from SOF/Heyman are to be used, and a list of all proposed and confirmed cosponsors with requested funding support.
We welcome the opportunity to spread the words about events from our friends and partners.
- Twitter: We retweet events from regular partners automatically and from others upon request and approval.
- Newsletter: We will include some selected events from partners in our weekly newsletter as an Event of Note as long as they are consistent with our mission.
If you are interested in having us publicize your event via Twitter or in our weekly newsletter, please contact our Communications Manager, Tess Chalifour-Drahman.
To propose a project for cosponsorship please complete the following:Cosponsorship Proposal